Despite the controversy and buzz that seemed to have followed the yet-to-be-released blockbuster movie, My Life, My Damage was simply phenomenal and one of her best performances till date. Complimenting on her character in the movie, Dikeh before to the Damage trilogy, showed to many why she is one of the actresses of tomorrow’s Nollywood.
Written and produced by vivacious and amiable actress cum producer, Uche Jombo, My Life, My Damage deals with the consequences of drug abuse and HIV/AIDS. A young lady who lives a reckless life abroad as a drug addict is given a rude shock when she discovers that she’s HIV positive and now has to seek redemption for herself. The movie tells the ugly story of young Dora I whose dream of becoming a medical doctor takes her on a roller coaster of missed steps that eventually defined her life.
A life she wishes could be reversed. Dead to her brother and alien to the world around her, Dora (Tonto Dikeh) choice of relationship brought about reversed romance, one filled with fun but with grave consequences. With an arresting plot, gripping story line and a commendable picture quality, My Life, My Damage showcases an array of international stars including Thomas H. Altman, Dani Palmer and Biola Williams, whose delivery and collaboration with two of Nollywood’s best, Tonto Dikeh and Bukky Wright gave an award-winning performance that made the message in the movie a compelling; delight to follow and easy to comprehend .
Speaking on the movie, the producer, Uche Jombo, said it’s high time Africa began to make movies that can best address some of the ills that has long affected it. “…Yea I agree that My Life, My Damage addresses a social phenomenon that is common to people the world over but like they say “Charity begins at home”. The earlier we begin to inform our children of the dangers of keeping bad company, the better so as to avoid future regret. The HIV/AIDS scourge and drug abuse has devastated many families the world over.
While some contacted the disease through ignorance, others were innocently infected. Set to begin its American tour with its first screening at the Nollywood Film Festival New York (NEA Awards) on September 1, 2012, the movie, directed by Moses Inwang, was set in modern day America. It got its good scenery from the state of Minnesota with some scenes shot in some choice locations in Lagos, Nigeria.
Headlines Newsview all
Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai, who has been accused of living an opulent lifestyle that is inconsistent with his government salary, has invited corruption busters to ...
Popular radio announcer, Munyaradzi Mlimo showed no emotion as he was sent to remand prison together with his co-accused during an initial remand hearing at ...
The World Bank has unveiled a $1bn (£660m) aid package to help the Democratic Republic of Congo and its neighbours, as fighting continues near the ... Full story
Controversial actress, Judith Afrocandy has announced through her Twitter timeline that before Uche Obodo made the nasty comment that she could act unclad irrespective of ... Full story
Orlando Pirates defender Siyabonga Sangweni has switched his focus to next season as he continues to battle with a knee injury that forced a premature ... Full story
Walmart Photo Center refuses to print photo of mother breastfeeding her baby because it 'violates store's nudity policy'
Walmart has come under fire for refusing to print a photo of mother breastfeeding her baby. As a gift for her first mother's day, Kayla Andre's ... Full story
Today's Latest News
- Suspects In London Attack Are Both Nigerians
- SHOCK as 48-year-old African man claims to be JESUS CHRIST
- Husband catches wife CHEATING while the man tries to escape (VIDEO)
- SHOCKER as daughter marries her MOTHER’s HUSBAND
- Mayhem as man catches sister (12) KISSING TENANT
- Woman bites boyfriend’s P*N*S after he refused to have S*X with her
- Squeezing the most out of your bonds
- PHOTO: Who is doing this to MUSALIA MUDAVADI? Please STOP!!
- Zoo worker has died after being mauled by tiger in front of visitors as she fed it in animal enclosure
- PHOTO of UHURU KENYATTA from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Those rare PHOTOs of unusual HOUSES
- What is wrong with this PHOTO?
- A very rare PHOTO of retired President DANIEL MOI with his entire FAMILY in 1967
- Is this style or what? LOOK at this PHOTO?
- Sorry... we thought you were dead! Death notice blunder left expat's friends grieving for thirty years
- Seven-year-old killed by suicide jumper who plunged on top of her from tenth floor apartment in South Korea
- Proposal before OMERS would require employees to work longer to get full pension
- The 10 types of Kenyan HUSBANDS
- Court grants Atuche, wife time to file no-case application
- For Quebec, Enbridge's pipeline project a no-brainer
- SHOCK as one of the LADIES caught doing it with a DOG is chased out of HOTEL
- MTN project fame season 6 auditions begin
- 18,426 youths from S/South employed under SURE-P scheme – Labour Minister
- Tuface, PSquare,19 others headline Star trek 2013
- Is Chantelle really doing this to J Blessings’ CLIENTS……..SHAME SHAME
- JAMB takes step against exam malpractices
- NGF: Amaechi floors Jonathan
- Nigeria shines at Cannes 2013
- If you don’t have reason for waking up, sleeping becomes interesting – Linus Okorie
- REVEALED!! How MIKE SONKO and JAGUAR met ….Back in the days
- Chief Edwin Clark: Celebrating a Nigerian treasure at 86
- TEEN WORRIES: I'm a boy trapped in a girl's body but my parents won’t talk about it
- Deidre daily drama: Secret sex with son of my dad’s bride ...and I have a boyfriend
- Confirmed!! Classic 105’s LARRY ASEGO wedded SECRETELY on Saturday…….invited guests via SMS
- Large scale cultivation of wee in Northern Regional town causes stir
- Eastern Region: Possible havoc ruled out in Thursday’s earth tremor
- Ghana's spate of lawlessness sky rocketing – Tony Aidoo observes
- African elite have failed us; AU made irrelevant - author
- Police grant bail to five suspects in Ablekuma forced marriage scandal
- PFAG, SEND-Ghana receives $80,000 to improve extension services
- Even Christ didn’t perform miracles as T.B. Joshua – Sheikh Bamehyi
- MTN Ghana Foundation increases investment in ICT facilities
- Midwives shortage hits Ghana - report
- NMC announces new board for state owned media
- Turkey to ban late-night sale of alcohol
- Centre for Policy Research proposes decentralisation of GYEEDA
- Illegal gun manufacturers arrested in Ashanti Region
- Pension Authority to prosecute Employers if...
- Prez Mahama eulogises Chinua Achebe
- Tano North MP says bad roads in the constituency is affecting farming productivity
Rate this article
MOST POPULAR ON AFRICANSEER
Zoo worker has died after being mauled by tiger in front of visitors as she fed it in animal enclosure
24 year-old woman was mauled at South Lakes Wild Animal Park in CumbriaShe suffered serious injuries to her face and neck in the attack at ...
Sorry... we thought you were dead! Death notice blunder left expat's friends grieving for thirty years
Christine Greenslade and her family moved away from Cornish hometownShe placed an obituary for her mother in Cornish newspaper in 1980The Cornishman printed Christine's name ...
Seven-year-old killed by suicide jumper who plunged on top of her from tenth floor apartment in South Korea
South Korean man jumping off building kills girl after landing on herSeven-year-old died after her neighbour's body hit her on the street By Daily Mail ...
I'M A boy trapped in a girl’s body but my parents won’t talk about it and think I should be happy being a girl. I’m 16 ...
MY DAD is getting married to his fiancée in two months’ time – and they’ve no idea I’ve been having sex with her son, especially ...
Monaco Grand Prix Name: Circuit de Monaco Number of Laps: 78 Track Length: 2.075 miles Race Distance: 161.9 miles Number of times held: 70 Winners from Pole: 26 Full Throttle: 45 per ...
GEORGE GROVES has begged Carl Froch not to deny him a crack at the world title. The Commonwealth super-middleweight champion, 25, takes on Noe Alcoba on ...
MARK CAVENDISH’S hopes of winning the Giro d’Italia points crown were given a huge boost on Friday — by snow. The sprint king was in danger ...
CARL FROCH will say a big thank you to Lennox Lewis if he manages to unify two super-middleweight titles tonight. Froch puts his IBF belt on ...
IAN POULTER admits he is struggling to recapture the form that provided the spark for Europe’s Ryder Cup triumph. And he is not alone as world ...
- Rulers of Africa
- Adoption In Africa
- Hotels In Africa
- List of hospitals in Africa
- List of schools in South Africa
- Top 10 Destinations in Africa
- Universities In Africa
- Countries in Africa
- Rulers of Africa