Villagers in Buhera are living in fear amid claims that a huge snake with a human head has been spotted several times in one of the hills of Buhera.
One has to have more than enough guts to pass through Chiurwi hills that fall under Chief Nyashanu in Makuvise village. The hills are believed to have been so sacred for ages as the ancestors of the area and the forefathers of the Museyamwa totem, who so happen to be holders of the chieftainship for the area were buried. Village head for Makuvise village, Mr Mathius Makuvise (38) said these hills are so sacred and no one must dare utter any negative statements or vulgar language, unless if one is desperate for 'wonders'.
"What happens in these hills is that a snake with a human head is often seen, and the head has all human features such as ears, eyes, nose, forehead, hair, mouth and everything else that a human head contains. The mysterious snake can only be seen by descendants of the Nyashanu clan who have something to do with this area. Examples of such people include village headmen, chiefs, spirit mediums, and some members of this clan," he said.
Mr Makuvise said he too has seen the snake before. He said he could not see the tail of the snake but he looked at it right in the eye. Mr Makuvise also alleged that the snake had an adult man's head.
"The snake was huge, and it slithered slowly into a cave at was staring at me," said village headman Makuvise.
Besides the snake with the mysterious head, it is further reported that towards rainy seasons the hills are often seen burning mysteriously and huge thunders are heard too. Claims are that if the fire decreases then there would be fewer rains for that particular year in Buhera and if it increased then there would be so much rainfall too.
Mr Makuvise also said some thirty years ago, cattle, goats and sheep once 'drowned' on one of rocks in this area. The animals bodies all mysteriously drowned except the horns.
"In 1981 a total of 40 domestic animals from three families drowned into a rock after the youthful herdsmen threw coins into a sacred dam in those hills. The animals only resurfaced after 3 weeks of not grazing or drinking water. This was after the traditional leaders had begged for forgiveness from the ancestors of this area. Unfortunately the herdsmen took ropes and metal chains then tried to save two cows from drowning. These are the two cattle that never resurfaced. The 38 that resurfaced came down the hills rolling like a ball (kukunguruka)," narrated village head Makuvise.
So sacred are the hills that a mermaid has been spotted hanging clothes after laundry on one of the rocks. It is reported that after the liberation struggle in 1980, the liberation fighters gathered on Chiurwi Hills as the place ws so common while Dzapasi Assembly Point was turned into a Heroes Acre for Buhera district. As if that is not enough, it is further reported that ghosts are also seen at Chiurwi hills. They (ghosts) are normally spotted in the form of liberation fighters and white soldiers shouting whilst holding guns.
"The ghost was of a liberation fighter, and we met on the booster (for one of the mobile network operators, Net One), and I ran away coming backwards before he started following me speaking a language that I couldn't understand. Luckily he just disappeared when I eventually got tired," said Mr Makuvise.
Before Net One could install the Network Booster at the peak of Chiurwi hills, is is reported that the traditional leaders of this area had to perform some rituals first. One of the security personnel who manage and look after the booster, Regis Matienga, said they often hear an unseen person uttering the words "PINDA MUHEAT (Get on fire!)". If one is on top of this hill, he can see as far as Ruti Dam in Gutu, Murambinda, Chivhu, Rusape, Bocha, Birchenough and other areas.
Snake with human head spotted, 40 cattle 'drown' into a rock for 3 weeks in Buhera
Headlines Newsview all
Tintswalo Ngobeni, 22, Flees After King Mswati III Of Swaziland Tries To Make Her His 14th Virgin Bride
A young woman is seeking asylum in Britain after she spurned the advances of the polyamorous King Mswati III of Swaziland and refused to join ... Full story
A dead man recently woke up during his own funeral in Zimbabwe. Brighton Dama Zanthe had been feeling extremely unwell when he reportedly died at his ... Full story
Police in South Africa has confirmed on Thursday that over 20 boys have died over the past week during circumcision rituals blaming botched circumcisions as ... Full story
Azim Aghajani, Iranian man and Nigerian counterpart Ali Jega get 17 years imprisonment for Arms ImportA Federal High Court in Lagos yesterday sentenced Iranian man Azim Aghajani and his Nigerian counterpart Ali Jega to 17 years imprisonment each for unlawful importation of firearms into Nigeria. The accused were convicted in a five-count charge of importation of 13 by 20 feet container loaded with firearms and explosives, and concealing the content of same. Justice Okechukwu Okeke, in his...
Controversial actress, Judith Afrocandy has announced through her Twitter timeline that before Uche Obodo made the nasty comment that she could act unclad irrespective of ... Full story
Orlando Pirates defender Siyabonga Sangweni has switched his focus to next season as he continues to battle with a knee injury that forced a premature ... Full story
Walmart Photo Center refuses to print photo of mother breastfeeding her baby because it 'violates store's nudity policy'
Walmart has come under fire for refusing to print a photo of mother breastfeeding her baby. As a gift for her first mother's day, Kayla Andre's ... Full story
Today's Latest News
- Man caught smuggling R2.64m worth of heroin from Zimbabwe into SA
- 'I was mistaken for Bruno Mars... and I went along with it'
- Rooney misses Ferguson's final match
- 10-month-old baby found dead at public toilet
- Another shooting incident in Kumasi, one person killed
- Ghana’s first E-health service to improve healthcare delivery
- Chinese gov't to collaborate with Ghana in flushing out Chinese 'galamseyers'
- Police to commence investigations into stampede that killed 4 people at SCOAN
- Some Accra residents to face power outages for a while - ECG
- Sixteen ENT nurses graduate
- UCC medical student raped
- Microsoft organises IT workshop for Ghanaian students
- National Policy Dialogue on tertiary education calls for reforms
- Liberia: 'We'll Make Up' - Liberian Prez Sirleaf Somersaults Over 'Spat' With Liberia Media
- Liberia: A 'Big Blow' to Liberia - Death of Archbishop Francis Hits Nation, Catholic Church
- Liberia: 'We'll Make Up' - Liberian Prez Sirleaf Somersaults Over 'Spat' With Liberia Media
- Tanzania: Tanzania Hits the Highway but Has It Got Enough Fuel?
- Rwanda: Nur Coach Nyirimana Eyes V-Ball League Title
- Newark gas explosion: Miracle survival of four-month-old baby girl who was rescued 'covered in soot' from rubble of gas blast which left two dead and one man fighting for his life
- Rwanda: Ferwafa, Minispoc Should Task Clubs to Invest in Youth
- African film enjoys rare Cannes outing
- Gambia: Basketball Coaches Certified As Technical Training Course Ends
- Gambia: Mamadou Danso Handed Red in Timbers Weekend Stalemate
- Landowner who spent 'hundreds of thousands' restoring dead Norfolk broad facing prosecution for leaving it 'suburbanised'
- Kenya: Fireworks Expected As Nyumbu Battle Papa
- Liberia: Our Tribute to Bishop Michael K. Francis
- Actavis to buy Warner Chilcott in $8.5-billion deal
- Liberia: Advocate Dies
- Gambia: GNOC Decorates Sports Heroes and Heroines At Banquette
- Gambia: Steve Biko Coach Confident of Winning First Division League
- RUMOUR: Is WILLIAM RUTO having a love affair with TNA’s S8XY Senator LESUUDA?
- Congo clashes as UN force deploys
- Greg Cox who 'sexually assaulted' woman on Bondi Beach told her 'this will never go anywhere, I've got a lot of money'
- Nigeria: Anti-Terror War Gulped N372 Billion in 2012 - Report
- Anambra ready for Achebe’s burial – Gov. Obi
- Rising numbers of men have laser treatment to cure hairy 'hobbit feet'
- Rwanda: Kajuga Targets to Win Kigali Half Marathon
- Elmbridge: The Surrey borough which pays £1.18BILLION in income tax
- 11 EXCLUSIVE PHOTOs of the INTERIOR of the Private Jet that WILLIAM RUTO used in his tour
- Premarket: World markets steady as investors weigh next Fed move
- Nigeria: Playing Dirty in Rivers
- Nigeria: Ysfon Hails Appointment of New DG of National Sports Commission
- Nigeria: Union Bank Inflicts First League Defeat On Oluyole
- Nigeria: Who's Afraid of the New Aviation Policy?
- Caviar supplier investigated after mislabelling cheap product as top-grade which was supplied to Queen's grocer
- Zimbabwe: Murape Murape At It Again
- Pupil, 10, who spots grammar mistakes in her English exam writes a letter of complaint to Education Secretary Michael Gove
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Taylor Swift refers to her own troubled love life
- Gary and Phil Neville's father Neville Neville charged with sexually assaulting a woman
- SHAME as Catholic Church catechist STEALS a COW in Teso South
Rate this article
MOST POPULAR ON AFRICANSEER
JAMIE Cullum had a novel reason for choosing Locked Out Of Heaven as his Biz Session cover – he’d recently been mistaken for Bruno Mars. ...
Monrovia - Archbishop Michael Kpakala Francis, an outspoken clergy renowned for his fiery sermons and stance against brutal regimes of former presidents Samuel Doe and ...
Barely a week after her now infamous declaration that she was "enjoying this benign neglect" and "I wish they will continue it for a long ...
Newark gas explosion: Miracle survival of four-month-old baby girl who was rescued 'covered in soot' from rubble of gas blast which left two dead and one man fighting for his life
Blast just after 5pm destroyed terraced house in Newark, NottinghamshireBody of a man recovered from the property shortly after midnightThe body of a woman found ...
Landowner who spent 'hundreds of thousands' restoring dead Norfolk broad facing prosecution for leaving it 'suburbanised'
David Pooley, 64, bought Sotshole Broad in 2005 when he retiredHe has spent three years working on the 60 acre siteNow he has been ordered ...
The Most Outspoken personality in contemporary Liberia has been silenced permanently by the power of death. Catholic Archbishop Michael K. Francis has finally given up ...
Archbishop Michael Kpakala Francis has ended his earthly journey following a long illness as a result of stroke. He was 77. His death was announced ...
20 May 2013 Last updated at 11:28 GMT ...
Greg Cox who 'sexually assaulted' woman on Bondi Beach told her 'this will never go anywhere, I've got a lot of money'
Greg Cox, 32, accused of attacking 21-year-old on iconic Sydney beachCox is head of British loan firm called Quintessential Finance GroupCharged with two counts of ...
The latest report by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), based in Sweden, shows that in 2012, Nigeria ranked as the 6th highest spender ...
- Rulers of Africa
- Adoption In Africa
- Hotels In Africa
- List of hospitals in Africa
- List of schools in South Africa
- Top 10 Destinations in Africa
- Universities In Africa
- Countries in Africa
- Rulers of Africa