Receptionist Job in Kahawa West, Nairobi, Kenyaby staff 24/12/2013 04:41:00 3 comments 422 Views
The Kenyan DAILY POST Jobs and Careers 01:41
Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
Our goal is to provide accessible, affordable, patient centered maternity and reproductive health services to low-income women.
We are seeking to fill in the position of a hospital receptionist to work in our maternity hospital at Kahawa West.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of patient visit including receiving patients into our maternity hospital, recording and registering patients electronically, receiving payment for medical services and maintaining constant communication with nurses to attend to patient needs.
This role is critical to Jacaranda's goal of delivering quality customer service and maintaining superior patient satisfaction.
We seek someone who is organized, flexible, personable, and has strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Receiving and handling clients of the clinic. Managing optimal order of patient visits based on patient emergencies, type of patient visit and order of clients in line
· Maintaining a customer-friendly reception and waiting room area
· Receiving and documenting payments of clinic fees from clients
· Assuring patients’ medical and service needs are met. Monitoring patient service feedback and resolving complaints and service issues and arranging patient transfers and referrals to other clinics as necessary.
· Handling all telephone enquiries about Jacaranda health and taking messages promptly, courteously and efficiently; Collection and maintenance of relevant telephone contact details.
· Entering clinic data into our medical records system, inventory tracking, and billing/payment systems
· Contacting patients by phone or SMS for schedule reminders and feedback on missed appointments
· Keep telephone operation records to ensure the monthly telephone bills are kept under check and creating daily, weekly, and monthly reports of clinic financial and operational data
· Any other duty that may be allocated by the supervisor from time to time
The desired candidate should possess the following:
· Diploma in Business Administration/Management, Secretarial studies or ir its equivalent from a recognized institution
· 2+ Years proven experience in hospital reception/front office administration (experience in electronic and non electronic medical records management is an added advantage)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Swahili) and ability to communicate effectively with clients and with the team with good understanding of front office management
· Ability to build good rapport with clients and be extremely calm, courteous and friendly at all times, in particular in emergency or difficult situations
· Enthusiasm for improving exceptional quality of service to patients and suggesting improvements to clinic operations
· Highest degree of honesty, integrity, confidentiality with strong work ethic and willingness to work long hours as necessary
· Excellent Computer use skills especially in MS suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google products.
Interested candidates may apply by:
Completing the online form available by pasting this link into your web browser: http://goo.gl/qIfVzn
Submitting the current resume’ and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CVs will be considered.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, we will not be able to confirm all submissions.
The deadline for submitting applications is January 15, 2014.
2012 The Kenyan DAILY POST. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by Denno