Plantain Fritters (Tatale)by Rachel Stephens 03/03/2016 10:30:00 0 comments 1 Views
3 over ripe Plantains (skin looks blackish in colour)
·1-inch piece of Ginger (peeled), 1 small Red Onion (peeled and roughly chopped) and half a Scotch Bonnet Pepper (Blend into a spicy paste)
· Approximately half a cup of All Purpose Flour
· Quarter cup Olive Oil
· Pinch of Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
Peel plantains and blend together with spicy paste.
· Add salt and flour and mix well. If mixture is too soft, add a tablespoon or two of flour. The mixture must fall off a wooden spoon slowly.
· Heat oil in a frying pan.
· Using a large wooden spoon, put mixture in the oil, one spoonful at a time. Don’t overfill the frying pan as the mixture rises and spreads. Leave a space between each spoonful.
· Fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden.
· Drain on kitchen towel and serve warm.
Serve on its own or with peanuts as a snack.
Serve with beans stew for lunch or dinner.